Tuesday, June 22, 2010

American Honey

In May, I made a trip to Washington DC to visit my cousin and help her move from one condo to another. I drove to Houston airport to catch my flight on Thursday and let me just say that airport was a city in itself. I was extremely stressed by the time I parked my car and jumped on a shuttle to take me to the airport. Once I got checked in and made my way to security. While standing in the security, the man ahead of me kept trying to make small talk. I could tell he was dying to talk so I finally engaged in conversation. It was a typical airport conversation, where are you headed and why? He started telling me where he was going and why and his story was crazy. Apparently he owned his own company and something serious had happened at one of his jobs sites and the FBI, govenor, and other agencies were involved. I was so nervous by the time I boarded my plane thinking someone might have spotted us talking and think that I was a part of all that. UGH!! Finally boarded my plane and 3 hours later I landed in DC. I got caught up with Crystal and got my luggage. We went to dinner and then home for bed. I was exhausted.

Friday she had to work a while so we went to Starbucks and then she dropped me back off at her house and I rested all day long. It was wonderful. I napped and Facebooked!! She came home later that afternoon and we met her new landlord at her new place and they went over some stuff. We were going to start moving stuff in, but a bad storm came so we went grabbed some dinner and went to this awesome custard place for ice cream. It was amazing!!When we got home from dinner we moved some things over. Saturday we woke up and started moving stuff at 6 am. We pretty much moved everything besides the stuff she had set aside for paid movers to move that afternoon. We stopped and went and grabbed some lunch and came back to wait on the movers. They showed up and moved it all in an hour. So we took showers immediately since we were soaked with sweat and just filthy!! After that we cooked up some pizza and had some Champagne. I guess that is what you do on the first night in a new place. We worked on unpacking stuff, but we were pretty tired.

Sunday we woke up and went to church and headed to Georgetown to walk around. I was looking forward to shopping in H&M and some other stores. So we went and ate brunch at Dean and Deluca which is a really cool grocery type store and then we walked around and shopped. When we were getting ready to leave we headed to my last request Georgetown Cupcakes. I had read blogs about this place and I was super excited to go.



We chose to get six flavors and split them all. So basically I spent $20 on 6 cupcakes!! Ridiculous, but awesome!! We got chocolate w/white icing, strawberry, chocolate coconut, peanut butter chocolate, red velvey cake, and yellow w/chocolate icing. We enjoyed 2 there and then the next 2 that evening while watching Miss USA and hanging pictures. The next 2 were for breakfast on Monday before I left that afternoon. I flew out on Monday and drove back from Houston that evening. Once again the Houston airport was a disaster!! It took 4 shuttles before someone would finally let me on and take me to my car! I was even more frustrated. It was a great trip and it made me realize how much I miss Crystal. Sometimes I just wish we could live together the rest of our lives and travel around the world together! I never thought we would be this close, but we are and I am not complaining.
On another note, lately I have just been working and hanging out pool or lakeside. Memorial day I went over to my dad and step mom's house. We spent Saturday, Sunday, and part of Monday out at the lake. It was a blast. They cooked a big dinner on Sunday and it was a blast. I headed back on Monday. I have just been trying to keep my tan by hanging out in the sun. LOL This last weekend I went back to my dads to hang out at the lake again. It is always a good time over there. I am looking forward to going to Arkansas over the fourth for a good friends wedding and spending time with my momma. Then at the end of July going to Lake Saint John with my step moms family and I just found out I may be going to the beach in August with a friend so I am keeping my fingers crossed!! Well I better get off here I have some stuff to finish up before The Hills comes on!!
Until next time!



1 comment:

kbrothers said...

Looks like so much fun! Those cupcakes look like there delish!