I continued my career with Tyson after college. The holidays in 2009 were spent with many family and friends. All celebrations were great, but at the same time sad because I was in the middle of making a big move in my career and moving here

Yes I moved to Texas!!! It was a huge step for me because I had never been away from home. I was excited to get away because I had been through a lot emotionally over the past year or so while living in NWA. So I accepted the position with Tyson and traveled back and forth for a couple of weeks. Then in the middle of January my parents came down to help me move into my new home. Once I got settled in and started to meet people at work and outside of work I was fine. Luckily, I knew a few people down here when I made the move so that made it much easier. I have been lucky to be in a job that will allow me to come home when I need to come home. It is about a 7 hour drive so I usually have to take a Friday or Monday off so I can at least get some things done when I am home. I have had a few trainings at corporate which have allowed me to spend about 2 or 3 weeks at home since I have moved.
The people I work with are great and I feel right at home when I come to work each day. Some of them have exposed me to Texas life outside of work with such things as Texas country music, shopping, places to eat, riding rangers, and hog hunting! Yes hog hunting!!! Majority of the people I have met down here have good southern hospitality! They invite me to all occasions while they give a hard time about being from the "Bill Clinton State" or being a Razorback. All in all a really good time everywhere I have been.
I still have my doggie, Ki, and she has adapted good to the move. She still likes to go back to Arkansas and run with the big dogs. My family has coped with the move well. Each time I go back home though I can tell they miss me more and more! It has been a huge adjustment for everyone involved, but a good one though. Overall, I am happy with the decision I made to move with my job. I think that this would have been something I would have regretted not doing later on in my life. Plus, I have gotten to meet a lot of people while getting good work experience. I hope to be back in the Arkansas area in the near future, but who knows what my future holds.
One thing is for sure though, I will not be cheering for Texas and throwing the horns up sign!!!
1 comment:
You are doing great Liz! We miss you up here!
Post a Comment